Sunday, October 26, 2008

About 4 days ago my friend Kym and I started Twilight by Stephenie Meyer..

I had no idea what I was about to begin. I knew it was a bit of a craze.. I knew I had to wait almost 2 months to get a copy of it at the library because of its popularity.. And I knew it was a vampire story, which lately I've been a little sick of.

What I didn't know is how amazing it was going to be! How mesmerized I'd get! How totally addicted and captivated I'd become with the characters of Bella and Edward! :)

I am now 65 pages from the completion of the story.. I want to go read the rest SO bad.. But there is something holding me back: I DO NOT WANT THE STORY TO END!

Does that even make sense?
I've had this feeling with other books in the past, but never this intense.. There is just something about the amazing make up of this book.. The story, the characters, the writing.. It all comes together so perfectly that while reading this I feel as if I'm watching a movie in my mind.. It's not just a story.. I can feel it happening... It's so real its scary.

I'm just so amazed that any book could captivate me this much.. lol
Anyone who has followed my Book Log Blog knows I've read a LOT of books over the past few years.. And not even 1 came close to making me feel so deeply about the characters!

There are 2 quotes from this story spoken by Edward to Bella that I will probably remember for a very long time:

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...."

"It's like you've taken half my self away with you."


Both of them gave me chills when I read them. :)

OK.. enough gushing about the book!
I guess I should go start reading it again lol and savor those last 65 pages as much as I can. :)

No comments: